Charlie's Blog: Random Thoughts on Various Subjects 47

5.28.2017

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects 47


I had to stop drinkin, cuz I got tired of waking up in my car driving ninety.
RICHARD PRYOR

1. TRUMP

I have never seen the media insane with the taste of blood for one individual like they are for President Donald J. Trump. It is a feeding frenzy for this guy. The only problem is that there is nothing for these left wing sharks to sink their teeth into. They keep going for the jugular and get a mouthful of salad. Frustrated, these ravenous fools are going after subordinates and Trump supporters in the media and on Facebook and Twitter. Some people liken this climate to a sort of pre-civil war.

What do I think of the job Trump is doing? To be honest, I am not that happy with Trump. This is mainly to do with his ineffectiveness of pushing his agenda through Congress. Whatever excuse the GOP passes on healthcare, Trump is going to slap his name on it and declare victory. The sad thing is that they can't even pass a bill in any form. Of course, a rebranded Obamacare would be a disaster for the GOP, so I'm glad it is failing. What bothers me is that Trump is making no progress with a Congress that is Republican. Reagan never had such a luxury.

The bulk of what Trump has accomplished can be undone with a few pen strokes in the next Democrat administration. We need legislation. Beyond that, I think Trump is doing well on those things he has greater control over. The executive branch is in good hands. I just want to see conservative laws hit that desk in the Oval Office for his signature.

2. TAKEN FROM TWITTER
3. SETH RICH

I believe that Seth Rich was murdered for being the DNC hacker. I'm not one to go for conspiracy theories, but this one has a stink on it that no explanation can get out. I could be wrong, but if it proved to be true, it would be a bombshell. This is why I don't understand why the media don't go after it. They won't let the Russia story go, and there is nothing there. Yet, this story is ignored by the MSM. It boggles the mind.

I won't go into the details since they are widely available in conservative and alternative media. I just know that there is strong evidence that Rich was the Wikileaks source. Regardless of the nature of his death, this alone makes it worth pursuing because it ends that Russia crap. As for the murder, if Seth Rich was the leaker, it makes it very convenient for him to wind up dead like that.

I think the truth about Seth Rich will inevitably float up to the service. When it does, I think it will shock this country to its foundations. All I can say about Democrats is that they are criminal murdering trash.

4. Q & A

Q: What is that line on your ring finger?

A: This question refers to this:


This is not a tattoo. It is a simple line drawn on a daily basis with either a Sharpie or ball point pen that takes the place of the wedding ring I never wear. I don't wear my wedding ring is for a couple of reasons. The first is that my ring fits loose and is in constant danger of falling off my finger. The second is that I am always doing blue collar work type things that makes wearing rings very dangerous. If you are an auto mechanic dealing with batteries or an electrician, this is the sort of thing you can expect when wearing conductive wedding rings on the job:


They make rings now that are non-conductive, but that still leaves the possibility of these types of injuries:


This was the type of injury that happened to this guy:


Jimmy Fallon caught the edge of something with his ring when he tripped while rumored to be intoxicated resulting in serious damage to his digit. Even guys in non-blue collar professions have to watch out.

My work and activities put me in a higher than average risk range for incurring such an injury. On the other hand, I want people to know that I'm married especially flirty females. So, out comes the Sharpie, and I have my "ring."

Some people go with wedding ring tattoos like these:


The obvious problem with these sorts of things is that the tattoos will probably outlast the marriages. I am a Roman Catholic, so my marriage is truly until death. I wouldn't have a commitment issue on the tat. But there is the aesthetic issue because tattoos are trashy. You should never get a tat that is visible when wearing normal clothes.

My drawn on ring has the benefit of a ring tat without the drawback. Plus, the daily ritual of drawing it on my finger is a push for me to renew my commitment to my beloved on a daily basis. Marriage takes effort as much as commitment, and people forget this. The tat takes momentary pain and carries the possibility of regret. The simple ink is painless but demands constant daily effort. That is what I think a good marriage should be. It is painless, but you still work at it.

5. QUOTABLE QUOTES

Feminism is mixed up with a muddled idea that women are free when they serve their employers but slaves when they help their husbands.
G. K. CHESTERTON

So the final conclusion would surely be that whereas other civilizations have been brought down by attacks of barbarians from without, ours had the unique distinction of training its own destroyers at its own educational institutions, and then providing them with facilities for propagating their destructive ideology far and wide, all at the public expense. Thus did Western Man decide to abolish himself, creating his own boredom out of his own affluence, his own vulnerability out of his own strength, his own impotence out of his own erotomania, himself blowing the trumpet that brought the walls of his own city tumbling down, and having convinced himself that he was too numerous, labored with pill and scalpel and syringe to make himself fewer. Until at last, having educated himself into imbecility, and polluted and drugged himself into stupefaction, he keeled over--a weary, battered old brontosaurus--and became extinct.
MALCOLM MUGGERIDGE

If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.
THOMAS SOWELL

Nothing would be done at all if one waited until one could do it so well that no one could find fault with it.
BLESSED JOHN HENRY NEWMAN

We become like that which we love. If we love what is base, we become base; but if we love what is noble, we become noble.
VENERABLE ARCHBISHOP FULTON SHEEN

6. LINKS OF INTEREST

Reformation or Revolution?

What’s Wrong with the American Craft-Beer Boom?

Why Do We Need The Benedict Option?

Delete His Account!

This Is How the Elite Poisons Our Culture